Thursday, August 23, 2012

Texas

I love Texas, and yeah, there are some crazy things in this state sometimes. Consider...



If the shinola ever hits the fan, so to speak, and the power went out for a year, or the UN took over, I know that I'm embedded in one of the most secure places in the US (and that's just talking about my own subdivision). If marshall law was ever declared, I sure as heck wouldn't want to be in California, or New England, or some soppy, overtaxed liberal haven. Give me the heavily-armed neighbors any day of the week (everyone on my little Texas street makes no secret about their state of armament. It's amazing. I don't even own a gun, yet they've encouraged me to look into it. I don't know if I'm ready for that. I think I'd prefer a funkadelic bop gun...)

Texas is just awesome. Sure, it has it's septic parts, but you have to love a state that once was it's own country. With tough-as-nails characters like Sam Houston and Davy Crockett that make up our history... I mean, can places like Rhode Island even boast anything as remotely cool as the Alamo stand-off? Bah, the rest of the country cowers at the awesomeness that is Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment